When my work provided a budget for me to get some home office equipment, I purchased a new office chair. Since I was upgrading my office chair, I decided to upgrade my desk, too. Previously, my desk was cannibalized from a dining room table I had made which didn’t fit in my current home. The upgraded desk is a mandala design that I drew out with very little pre-planning. I had a basic idea of what types of elements I wanted to included and how the colors would lay out. But beyond that, the design unfolded as I drew it. With the exception of the Celtic knot pattern, the design didn’t follow any patterns, but utilized a few jigs (some I made from cardboard) and of course a ruler. The pictures show the some steps of the transformation of my old Greek themed desk into the mandala design.